数据科学导论 | Data Science: A New Way of Thinking is a data science introductory course offered by Tsinghua University at edX.
- 袁博 Bo Yuan (associate professor, Tsinghua University)
- 何隽 Juan He (associate professor at Tsinghua University)
This is an introductory course suitable for university students with diverse backgrounds interested in getting into the fascinating world of data science. Existing online data science courses mainly focus on learning specific algorithms and other purely technical contents. By contrast, data science is an application-oriented, highly interdisciplinary domain, which requires systematic knowledge from a variety of sources. In addition to algorithm learning, students also need to appreciate the challenges that people may face in the real world as well as the relationship between data and human society. The purpose of this course is to provide a comprehensive understanding of the key issues in the era of big data and promote data awareness to help students lay a solid foundation for subsequent data science courses.
- Basic concepts of data science.
- Techniques for data acquisition, storage and transmission.
- Data visualization: principles and techniques.
- High performance computing.
- Data ethics and intellectual property law.
- Real-world case studies.