Terms of Service
The following are the general Terms of Service of the web development services (Services) provided by Susan Siow of www.susansiow.com (Web Developer) for her clients (Client).
Time Frame and Responsibilities
- The official estimated completion date is stated in the e-contract provided by Web Developer for Client. Web Developer will make every effort to meet the agreed due date. Client should be aware that failure to submit required information or materials may cause subsequent delays in the production and significant delays in delivery of the finished work. Hence, Client must be cooperative and provide prompt feedback throughout the Services process.
- No compensation for any loss or damages caused by the delay in completion of the Services.
- What are not included in the web design and development packages: domain name registration, web hosting, graphic design (e.g. logo design) and web maintenance services.
- Budget Baby Plan and others: Full payment is required prior to the commencement of work.
- Super Star Plan: A 50% deposit is required prior to the commencement of work.
- All payments (including deposit) made by Client are nonrefundable.
Loss or Damages
- No compensation for any loss or damages caused by the Services provided by Web Developer for Client.
Design and Development Credit
- Client agrees that Web Developer may put a byline on the bottom of the website, establishing design and development credit with an active hyperlink to Web Developer’s website.
- Client also agrees that the website created by Web Developer for Client may be included in Web Developer’s portfolio.
Reservation of Rights
- All rights not expressly granted hereunder are reserved to Web Developer, including but not limited to all rights in sketches, comps, or other preliminary materials.
Content and Copyright
- Client unconditionally guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork furnished to Web Developer for inclusion in Client’s website are owned by Client, or that Client has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Web Developer from any claim or suit arising from the use of such elements as furnished by Client.
- It is Client’s responsibility to proofread the content of the website and review all work provided by Web Developer.
- All terms of service and prices are subjected to change without notice.
Permissions and Releases
CLIENT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS WEB DEVELOPER AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, COSTS, AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES, DUE TO MATERIALS INCLUDED IN THE WORK AT THE REQUEST OF THE CLIENT FOR WHICH NO COPYRIGHT PERMISSION OR PREVIOUS RELEASE WAS REQUESTED OR USES WHICH EXCEED THE USES ALLOWED PURSUANT TO A PERMISSION OR RELEASE.